2010/05/09

英語で「手順」を説明する。

*太字の単語やフレーズは、今週のボキャブラリーです。この記事の最後に詳しい説明を載せています。

I hope everyone had a safe and relaxing golden week. I will look forward to hearing about what you did when we speak this week.

And in addition to that, this week, let’s focus on giving directions.

Directions are VERY useful. We must use directions when someone asks for advice or when you are teaching someone how to do something. These could be directions on how to buy a train ticket, directions on how to grow a tomato plant, directions on how to drive to your house, or directions on explaining how to cook something. Directions are sometimes simple and sometimes difficult but they are ALWAYS good to know.

Some examples we can practice this week are:

How do I buy a house in Japan?
How do I get a driver’s license in Japan?
How can I become a personal coach?
How do I make curry rice?
How do I buy a bullet train ticket?
How do I get into Tokyo University?
How do I get to your house from the nearest station?
How do I grow a garden?

We can practice directions more when we speak this week and as an example, I will give directions on how to make a pot of brown tea.

First, you need the following ingredients before you begin.

water
milk
honey
loose brown tea

Directions

First, fill your tea kettle with water. Then, put the kettle on the stove and heat until the water boils.

Next, put about 1 tablespoon of loose brown tea leaves into your teapot.

After that, fill your teapot with hot water.

Then, wait between 3 and 4 minutes while the tea steeps.

Next, pour the tea into a cup while filtering out the loose tea.

After that, add about 1 teaspoon of honey and stir well.

Then, add about 20cc of milk and stir once more.

And finally, enjoy your tea.

Now how about you? What kind of directions can you give me?

I look forward to hearing your directions when we speak this week.

Be well,

Keith//

*This week’s vocabularies:

directions
手順、方法

useful
役に立つ

advice
アドバイス

explain
説明する

good to know
知っておくと良いこと

driver’s license
自動車運転免許

bullet train
新幹線

grow a garden
野菜(花)を育てる

ingredients
材料

loose brown tea
(ティーバックに入っていない)バラの紅茶の葉

fill
〜でいっぱいにする

heat
温める

boil
沸かす

steep
ふやける

filter
こす(濾過する)

stir
かき回す

once more
もう一度

0 件のコメント: