2010/05/25

今の仕事に就いた理由は何ですか?

*太字の単語やフレーズは、今週のボキャブラリーです。この記事の最後に詳しい説明を載せています。


This week's question focuses on how and why you decided on your job.

My answer:

I decided to work as an independent English teacher because before working for myself, I worked in and around Tokyo for two different language schools, AEON and a smaller language school near Chiba City. And all the while I worked for someone else, I always wanted to do things my way. I wanted to teach what I thought was important. And I always wanted to have time to focus on individual students’ needs.

When I worked at other schools, I couldn’t do that because there were just too many students. At one point when I worked at AEON Ikebukuro in Tokyo, the school had over 1,200 students! I didn’t teach all of the students but I knew or taught most of them. And when I worked in Chiba, it was pretty much the same—there were many students but I couldn’t give them a lot of individual time because I was just too busy! On the bright side however, I got to meet MANY different kind of people. And that was VERY fun.

Some of the positives of being an independent English teacher are:

I can give students more personal attention
I can personalize lessons for students
I can teach face to face or I can teach via the Internet and SKYPE
I can get to know my students better than before.

Some of the negatives of being an English teacher...

NONE! (that is a diplomatic answer!)

How about you?

How and why did you decide to be a __________ ?
What are some positives of your work?
What are some negatives of your work?

I will look forward to speaking to you about them when we speak this week.

Be well and healthy,

Keith//

This week’s vocabulary:

decide
決める

independent
独立した

all the while
その間ずっと

pretty much the same
ほとんど同じ

on the bright side
良い点は、

personal attention
より個人的な配慮

via
経由、〜によって

diplomatic answer
そつのない答え

0 件のコメント: