2010/04/19

あなたの大切な人との関係について

*太字の単語やフレーズは、今週のボキャブラリーです。この記事の最後に詳しい説明を載せています。

My wife and I had a good row last week (as we sometimes do) and that got me thinking about this week’s question! I love my wife with all my heart but even though that is true, she and I sometimes drive each other crazy! I think that having an honest discussion is always helpful but sometimes, we let our anger take over and that is never a good idea. The American humorist, Robert Quillen famously once said that “discussion is an exchange of knowledge; argument is an exchange of ignorance” and as much as I agree with that idea, I do occasionally act ignorantly...

So, this week’s question focuses on your closest relationship in your life, whether that is a spouse, significant other, a best friend, a brother or sister or a parent. What are some positive and negatives within the relationship. For example, what do they do that makes you happy and what, if anything, do they do that drives you crazy?

I look forward to speaking to you this week and hearing what drives you crazy.

Be well,

Keith//

row
けんか

that got me thinking
そのことで考えさせられた

with all my heart
心の底から

drive someone crazy
誰かをいらいらさせる

honest discussion
本音の話し合い

we let our anger take over
怒りの感情を優先させる

humorist
ユーモア作家

exchange of knowledge
互いの知識をやりとりする

argument
そうぞうしい口論

exchange of ignorance
互いの無知さをやりとりする

act ignorantly
無知な態度を取る

significant other
大切な相手(恋人など)

0 件のコメント: