2009/11/01

どんな才能を持ってみたいですか?

Hello everyone. Last week's answers to the question, "have you ever stolen anything?" were very interesting. Almost everyone I spoke to had stolen something in their lives. Only two students said they hadn't stolen anything. However, to be fair, everyone who did steal something had done it when they were young. Perhaps it has something to do with our age.

Ok, let's move on to this week:

This Week’s Key Vocabulary:

Talent(生来の)才能, 素質;手腕, 力量, 腕前⦅for ...
a writer of talent|才能ある作家
a talent for the piano|ピアノの才能
She has a no talent for painting.|画才がある[ない].

A musical instrument がっき【楽器】
弦[管 / 打]楽器|a stringed [wind / percussion] instrument
⇒コラム「音楽」

This week's discussion question is:

What talent would love to have?
どんな才能を持ってみたいですか?

My answer:

I would love to be able to make music. I LISTEN to Internet radio on my computer every day and I always listen to CDs in my car but...

I would love to be able to sing. I sometimes sing in the shower or in the car, but I really would love to sing WELL in front of others. When I lived in Tokyo, I often went to karaoke with my friends and after a few beers, I THOUGHT I could sing well, but truthfully, I am not very good.

I also would love to play an instrument. My favorite instrument is the guitar but honestly, I would love to play ANY INSTRUMENT! I have always had a dream to sit around a campfire while playing the guitar and singing with my friends.

Now, how about you? What talent would you love to have?

I will look forward to hearing your answers.

Be well,

Keith//

0 件のコメント: