2010/10/05

後悔していることはありますか?

Do you have any regrets in life? Are there any times when you wonder what your life would have been like if you had made some different decisions or chosen a different path? Are there times when you have felt regret over a decision that you made? Or perhaps, do you regret not making a particular decision in your life?

Almost everyone I know (including myself, of course!) has made some poor choices or have made a regrettable decision. I think this is somewhat natural and I also believe that poor decisions or regrets are a great chance to learn life’s most valuable lessons. I have made many mistakes and have regretted some of them however, I know that all of my errors and missteps have brought me to where I am today. 

The Irish poet, Oscar Wilde once said, “One's real life is often the life that one does not lead”(自らの意志で創りあげる人生よりも、ほとんどの場合、そうしてこなかったことの方が現実の人生となる)

Do you think this is true for you?

And if you could go back in time, what, if anything, would you do differently?

I will look forward to your answers when we speak this week.

Take care,

Keith//


regret
後悔する/残念に思う

wonder
不思議に思う

choose a different path
違う道を選択する

particular
独自の

make a poor decision
(今となっては)良いと思えない決断をする

make a regrettable decision
後悔する決断をする

somewhat
いくぶんか

life’s most valuable lessons
人生で一番価値のある学び

error
間違い

missteps
誤り

0 件のコメント: